What is Facebook Channel?
Facebook Channel is a service that allows you to manage all your Facebook-related services in one convenient location.
With Facebook Channel, you can manage Facebook-related services, such as Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, all through a single app. By logging in with your Facebook account, you can access Facebook Shops and all the various Facebook assets for free.
- Syncing Facebook services
Log in with your Facebook account to sync Facebook Channel with your Cafe24 store and gain access to all your Facebook services.
- Channel settings
Set up Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping, and access all the necessary Facebook business assets required to market your store on Facebook, all in one convenient location.
a. Set up Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping
b. Link Facebook Business Manager
c. Link Facebook Page
d. Link Facebook Pixel and install script
e. Sync catalog items in real time
f. Install Messenger Chat Plugin to store
g. Link Ad Account
- About Shops
Check out all the various features available on Shops.
Using Facebook Channel
- Cafe24 online store
- Facebook account (We recommend using an account connected to Facebook Business Manager.)
- Instagram business account (You can only set up Instagram Shopping with a business account.)
Accessing Facebook Channel
- Smart Mode: Select Facebook Channel on the menu bar.
- Advanced Mode: Go to Channels > Facebook Channel.
- Cafe24 Store: Search for "Facebook Channel" and install the app.
Connecting to Facebook
- Open Facebook Channel and click Log in with Facebook.
- Log in with your Facebook account. If you want to change your account, click Log into another account.
- Once you are logged in, your account details will appear in the upper profile section.
- If you have used Facebook Business Extension (FBE) before, click OK on the pop-up notification and complete steps 1–3.
Configuring your Channel settings and setting up Shops
Before configuring your Channel settings
- Please use Google Chrome to access this feature.
- If you already have a pixel code installed on your store, it is recommended that you remove it using the method with which it was originally installed. If you do not remove it, you may get abnormal traffic readings due to duplicated pixel IDs and event codes.
- Click Channel settings or the Get Started button under Facebook Business Manager and log in with your Facebook account. If the account shown in the pop-up is correct, click Continue as. If you want to log in with a different account, click Log into another account.
- Select the services you want to link to your store.
a. Facebook Ads: Connect assets required for Facebook Ads including Business Manager and Ad Accounts, Catalog and Pixel.
b. Facebook Shops: Connect assets required for Facebook Ads and set up your Shop. If you select this option, you can create a commerce account and set up a Shop on Facebook.
c. Instagram Shopping: Connect assets required for Facebook Ads and set up Instagram Shopping. Once you have set up Instagram Shopping, you can create a Shop on Instagram.
- Select your Business Manager account.
Select the Business Manager account you want to connect and click Continue. If you don't have a Business Manager account, click Create New.
Newly created or connected assets will be owned by the Business Manager selected.
- The pop-up will only display Business Manager accounts to which you have admin access.
- Connect Facebook Page.
Select the Page you want to connect and click Continue. If you don’t have a Page, click Create New.
You can create a Shop on the selected Page and display your products on it.
- This page will only display Pages to which you have admin access.
- Select your Instagram Business account.
Select the Instagram business profile you want to connect and click Continue.
- You can only select an Instagram Business account.
- You can create a Shop on the selected Page and display your products on it.
a. Catalogs allow you to add product information.
Select the Catalog you want to connect and click Continue. If you don’t have a Catalog, click Create New.
- If you have selected Instagram Shopping, you can only select a catalog linked to your Instagram account.
- Select your Ad Account.
Select an Ad Account you want to connect and click Continue. If you don’t have an Ad Account, click Create New.
- If the selected Business Manager account has reached its Ad Account limit, you cannot create a new one.
- Select your Facebook Pixel.
a. Pixels are codes that you can install on websites to measure and optimize your advertising campaigns.
Select the Pixel you want to connect and click Continue. If you don’t have a Pixel, click Create New.
- This page will only display Pixel IDs to which you have admin access.
- Confirm your settings.
If all your settings are correct, click Continue. If you wish to modify a setting, click the > button next to the field you want to change.
- Select the Instagram Business accounts you want to use with Cafe24.
Select the Instagram Business accounts you want to connect to your store. It is recommended that you grant access to your Instagram Business account for a seamless store integration.
- Agree to app permissions.
Agree to all of the app’s permissions and click Next. If you do not agree to all of the app’s permissions, your Channel settings may not function properly.
- Confirm your website domain.
Select the website domain you want to connect to your Facebook Shop.
After configuring your Channel settings, verify the ownership of your website domain on Facebook at Facebook Business Settings > Brand Safety > Domains.
Verifying your domain
Domain verification is a feature that allows you to quickly and easily verify your store's primary domain from Facebook Channel.
Click Channel settings, complete the configuration process in the pop-up, and you will be redirected to the main dashboard of Facebook Channel.
You can verify your domain using the Domain verification setting in Channel settings.
The domain registered in My Store > General > Domain will be automatically retrieved for this setting so you only need to click Verify. (If you are using a forwarding domain, the forwarding domain will be retrieved.)
- If you only selected Facebook in Step 2, this page will not appear.
- Complete commerce account set up.
If the page in the screenshot below appears, click Submit for Review.
- If you only selected Facebook in Step 2, the Complete Commerce Account Set Up page will appear. Click Continue to proceed.
- Channel settings complete.
Click Done to complete your Channel settings.
- Your Facebook Shop and Instagram Shop will be reviewed.
Reviews are conducted separately for each platform so the results may differ.
You can check the review process by going to Channel settings and clicking the gear icon next to Additional services. When the review is complete, you will be notified of the results through your Facebook and Instagram apps, and by email.
- Go to Facebook Account Quality > Facebook Account, select your Commerce Account and click Request Review to request a review of your Shop.
▶ View your Facebook Account Quality
Note 1. Modifying your Facebook Shops and Channel settings
- Go to Channel settings and click on the gear icon next to Shops or General.
- Click Continue as.
- Select the Facebook asset you want to modify.
Note 2. Additional services - Configuring Facebook Messenger
- Go to Channel settings and click on the gear icon next to Additional services.
- Click the Add button next to Messenger Chat.
- Click Add Plugin.
- Select your Language, Greeting Message, and Appearance, and click Next.
- Add your Website Domain Name and click Done.
- Once you have successfully connected Messenger to Facebook Channel, the button next to Messenger Chat will change to View and an Added icon will appear underneath.
- Your Messenger Chat status in Channel settings will also change to Linked.
You can manage your Facebook Catalog more conveniently with Product Feed.
- Manage products to be synced with Facebook Catalog
- Add additional targeting data to each product.
- Optimize your Facebook Product Feed.
How to use Product Feed
- Configure Channel Settings
To enable Product Feed, you must first configure your Channel Settings in Facebook Channel.
- This feature is not available for users using FBE 1.0 Channel Settings. Users must upgrade to the latest version of Channel Settings to use Product Feed.
- Configure Facebook Product Category settings
Once you have configured your Channel Settings, you can match your store's product categories with the correct Facebook product categories in the Facebook Product Category settings pop-up.
You can edit your Facebook Product Category settings at any time in Channel Settings.
- Product Feed screen
Here you can view products linked to Facebook Catalog, as well as their approval statuses, all on one screen.
All : Products that can be synced with Facebook Catalog will appear in this list. Products that do not meet the sales requirement will be excluded.
Exclusion criteria :
- If Display status is set to Not on display.
- If Product status is set to Not for sale.
- If the product is out of stock. (When Track inventory and Out of stock icon are enabled and Available stock is at 0.)
- If Price is set at 0.
- If Replacement text for price is enabled.
- If the product is not classed under any category.
- If the product does not have a product image.
- If the product variant is set to Not on display.
- If the product variant is set to Not for sale.
- Not used: You can add or remove products from the Facebook Catalog sync by clicking the Edit selected button.
- Approved: Products that have been approved by Facebook can be used on your Facebook Shop, Instagram Shop, and Facebook ad campaigns.
- Pending: Product is being reviewed by Facebook.
- Rejected: Product has been rejected by Facebook.
- Reason for rejection: You can check why the product was rejected.
- Edit selected items
You can add additional data such as Facebook product category, gender, and age group to your products, and edit them whenever.
You can also enter product information in bulk using the Bulk entry button.
FAQ 1. Do I have to complete the data fields for Facebook product category, gender, and age group?
When completing the additional data fields for Facebook product category, gender, and age group, Facebook Channel will automatically update this information to your Facebook Catalog.
This information will be used by Facebook and Instagram's algorithms to optimize audience engagement when displaying your products. It can also be used on your product details pages to help increase your conversion rate.
FAQ 2. I have a product that is categorized under multiple product categories in my store. How will Facebook categorize this product?
If a product is categorized under more than one product category on your store, it will be added to Facebook based on the first product category designated to that product in the Cafe24 admin.
Facebook Login is a feature that allows customers to log in to your store using their Facebook account.
To use this feature, you need to register as a developer on the Facebook for Developers website and get an App ID and Secret Code.
- Go to the Facebook for Developers website and log in with your existing Facebook account or create a new one.
▶ Go to Facebook for Developers
- Once you have logged in, go to My App and click Create New App. Select Consumer as the app type.
- Go to Settings > Basic on your new app to enter the required information.
- App Domains: Enter your online store domain where you will be adding your Facebook Login. If you are also using a mobile version of your website, enter the mobile domain too.
E.g. If the domain you want to use is cafe24sample.com:
- App Icon: This icon appears when a user logs in to your store.
- JPG/GIF/PNG files under 5 MB (between 512 px × 512px and 1024px × 1024px) can be uploaded.
- Category: Select Shopping.
- App Purpose: Select Yourself or your own business.
- Complete all the above fields and click Save Changes.
- Click Add product on the side menu to move to the Add Products to Your App page and click Set Up under Facebook Login.
- When the following screen appears, do not proceed further and go to Facebook Login > Settings in the menu.
- For Valid OAuth Redirect URIs, enter the following (must be in https:// format) and click Save Changes:
E.g. Replace "sample.com" with your store's domain
If you have any secondary domains that use Facebook Login, enter them here. Secondary domain: Primary domain, subdomains, mobile domains, localized store domains, etc.
After saving, click on the toggle button at the top to switch it to Live and click Switch Mode in the alert pop-up.
Return to Settings > Basic and click Show next to App Secret to see the code.
Due to Facebook's enhanced app review process, live apps may be changed back to developing or apps may be disabled. If your app has been disabled, check the reason in Alerts > Inbox.
Go to Channels > Facebook > Facebook Login on your Cafe24 admin page.
Set Facebook Login to Enable.
Enter your App ID and App Secret Code using the details on your Facebook Developers page.