You can process cancellations/exchanges/returns on the admin page automatically without having to receive requests via phone or messages.
Customer requests for cancellations/exchanges/returns
Customers can make cancellation, exchange, and return requests through My Account on your store.
- Go to My Store>Store setup>General settings>Orders (tab) to enable Customer requests for cancellation/exchange/return.
- In the Request button display section, set whether to display the Request cancel/exchange/return button for each order status.
- Customers can request a cancellation, exchange, or return in My Account>Order History.
Automatically cancel unpaid orders
You can spend less time managing unpaid orders by automatically canceling them when customers have not paid for them within the specified period of time.
- Go to My Store>Store setup>General settings>Orders (tab) and enable Automatically cancel unpaid orders.
- You can set a different automatic cancellation lead time for each payment method.
- In case of PG payment method, such as convenience store payments or virtual accounts, if an automatic cancellation lead time is set by both the payment gateway and the store admin, the shortest lead time will be applied.
Automatic cancellation lead times may differ depending on the payment gateway.
Automatic PG refund for orders canceled before shipment
Customers may want to modify their order because they selected the wrong credit card or product option.
In this case, they can cancel their order entirely and create a new one.
If an order is canceled before shipment, the PG cancellation will be automatically processed. You will not need to process the cancellation request or refund on your end.
If a customer used a coupon that is still valid, the coupon will be issued to their account immediately after the PG cancellation has been processed.
- Go to My Store>Store setup>General settings>Orders (tab) and, under Automatic PG refund for orders canceled before shipment, select the order status for which customers can receive an automatic PG refund.
If customers (1) pay for their order using a payment method that is eligible for an immediate refund upon cancellation request (e.g. credit card payment) and (2) have not partially canceled their order or exchanged products prior to their cancellation request, the PG refund will automatically be processed for the selected order statuses.
Automatic payment gateway action cancellation for completed refunds
This feature allows you to link PG cancellations to refunds that have been processed through your admin page.
With this feature, you will no longer need to click Canceled or Partially canceled in the Order details page after processing refunds.
- Go to My Store>Store setup>General settings>Orders (tab) and click Yes for Automatic payment gateway action cancellation for completed refunds.
- Once you click Mark as refunded in the Refund pop-up window, PG cancellations will automatically be processed.
This feature is only available if you use payment gateways that support partial cancellations.