Facebook Channel is a service that allows you to manage all your Facebook-related services in one convenient location.
With Facebook Channel, you can manage Facebook-related services, such as Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, all through a single app. By logging in with your Facebook account, you can access Facebook Shops and all the various Facebook assets for free.
The following features can be found in Facebook Channel:
Log in with your Facebook account to sync Facebook Channel with your Cafe24 store and gain access to all your Facebook services.
2. Channel settings
Set up Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping, and access all the necessary Facebook business assets required to market your store on Facebook, all in one convenient location.
- Set up Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping
- Link Facebook Business Manager
- Link Facebook Page
- Link Facebook Pixel and install script
- Sync catalog items in real time
- Install Messenger Chat Plugin to store
- Link Ad Account
3. About Shops
Check out all the various features available on Shops.
For more information in detail, please click the link below
: Guide for 'Facebook Channel'
You can access Facebook Channel through the [Channels] menu on your admin page, or through Facebook Channel on Cafe24 Store.
- Cafe24 admin page (Smart Mode): Select [Facebook Channel] on the menu bar.
- Cafe24 admin page (Advanced Mode): Go to [Channels>Facebook Channel].
- Cafe24 Store: Search for ‘Facebook Channel’ and install the app.
• Please use Google Chrome to access this feature. This feature is not optimized for other browsers including Internet Explorer.
Assets that can be linked to Facebook Channel are subject to the following conditions.
Users can link assets under Facebook Business Manager to Facebook Channel through [Channel settings].
Assets that are owned by the currently logged-in Facebook account will be displayed in [Channel settings]. However, certain assets may not be available in accordance with the restrictions below.
1. Facebook Business Manager
- Users must have admin access to the business.
- The selected Business Manager can only select Ad Accounts, Catalogs, Pages, and Pixel assets where admin access is enabled.
2. Facebook Page
- The selected Business Manager must own and have admin access to the Facebook Page.
- A Facebook Page cannot be selected if any of the following conditions apply:
① The Page has already been designated as the default Page for another business.
② The Page is linked to another payment account and owned by another Business Manager.
③ The user has been an admin of the Page for 7 days or less.
3. Instagram account
- The selected Business Manager must own and have admin access to the Instagram account.
- An Instagram account cannot be selected if any of the following conditions apply:
① The Instagram account has already been designated as the default account for another business.
② The Instagram account is linked to another payment account and owned by another Business Manager.
4. Facebook Catalog
- The selected Business Manager must own and have admin access to the Facebook Catalog.
- A Facebook Catalog cannot be selected if any of the following conditions apply:
① The catalog category is not for commerce purposes.
② The catalog is not the same as the selected Business Manager.
③ The catalog is not active.
5. Ad Account
- The selected Business Manager must own and have admin access to the Facebook Ad Account.
- A Facebook Ad Account cannot be selected if any of the following conditions apply:
① The Ad Account is not active
② The Ad Account does not have a payment invoice.
③ The Ad Account uses manual payment.
④ The Ad Account is not the same as the selected Business Manager.
⑤ The selected Business has reached the maximum number of Ad Accounts.
6. Facebook Pixel
- The selected Business Manager must own and have admin access to the Facebook Pixel.
- A Facebook Pixel cannot be selected if any of the following conditions apply:
① The Pixel is not active due to activity that violates Facebook policies.
② The Ad Account which owns the Pixel does not meet the requirements.
Catalog & Product Feed
Facebook Catalog holds product information about items on your store.
You can use information in catalogs to promote your inventory and business across Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network, and Messenger.
With Facebook Catalog, you can:
- Create dynamic ads to show relevant items from your catalog.
- Tag items from your catalog in Instagram posts and Stories.
- Add products to your shops on Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping.
Manually creating catalogs and adding product information be a time consuming and tedious task. With Cafe24, you can create and sync your catalogs all at once in [Channel settings].
Catalogs are automatically created based on the main categories registered in [Products>Categories>Product categories] on your store’s admin page. You can use product sets in various ways to suit your marketing needs. (There must be at least one product in a main category for it to sync to Catalog.)
Your product information is updated in two ways:
1. When you complete your [Channel settings] for the first time and your Catalog ID is created, all of your store’s product information will be transferred to Facebook Catalog.
2. Whenever a product/item is added, edited, or deleted from your store's admin page, the corresponding item will be updated on Facebook Catalog.
• There may be a sync delay depending on the network status.
Products that do not meet the sale requirements for Facebook Catalog are excluded from the sync update.
Before your catalog is updated, Facebook Channel will automatically check for products that do not meet the sale requirements for Facebook Catalog and exclude them from the sync update. Therefore, the number of products in your catalog may be less than the actual number of products registered on your store.
Products that meet the following conditions are excluded from the sync update.
- If [Display status] is set to [Not on display].
- If [Product status] is set to [Not for sale].
- If the product is out of stock. (When [Track inventory] and [Out of stock icon] are enabled and [Available stock] is at 0.)
- If [Price] is set at 0.
- If [Replacement text for price] is enabled.
- If the product is not classed under any category.
- If the product does not have a product image.
- If the product variant is set to [Not on display].
- If the product variant is set to [Not for sale].
- If the product variant's stock is at 0.
If your product does not meet any of the above conditions and still does not sync to Facebook Catalog, it may be possible that there is a server or network error causing this. You can try to resolve this problem by going to the product's [Edit product] page in [Products>Product list] and click the [Save] button to initiate the update process again.
• If you enter a negative number into the [Available stock] field, the available stock number will be sent out as an absolute value in order to meet the sync conditions with Facebook Catalog. Therefore, available stock numbers will always be displayed as positive numbers on Facebook Catalogs.
Product Feed is a feature in Facebook Channel that allows you to effectively manage products synced to your catalog.
With Product Feed, you can manage your Facebook Catalog more conveniently and:
- Manage products to be synced with Facebook Catalog.
- Add additional targeting data to each product.
- Optimize your Facebook Product Feed.
Using Product Feed
1. Configure Channel Settings
To enable Product Feed, you must first configure your [Channel Settings] in Facebook Channel.
What is Facebook Channel and how do I use it?
• This feature is not available for users using FBE 1.0 Channel Settings. Users must upgrade to the latest version of Channel Settings to use Product Feed.
2. Configure Facebook Product Category settings
Once you have configured your Channel Settings, you can match your store's product categories with the correct Facebook product categories in the [Facebook Product Category settings] pop-up.
You can edit your Facebook Product Category settings at any time in [Channel Settings].
3. Product Feed screen
Here you can view products linked to Facebook Catalog, as well as their approval statuses, all on one screen.
- All: Products that can be synced with Facebook Catalog will appear on this list. Products that do not meet the sales requirement will be excluded. Click the link below for more details on conditions for exclusion.
The number of products in my catalog is less than the number of products on my store.
- Not used: You can add or remove products from the Facebook Catalog sync by clicking the [Edit selected] button.
- Approved: Products that have been approved by Facebook can be used on your Facebook Shop, Instagram Shop, and Facebook ad campaigns.
- Pending: Product is being reviewed by Facebook.
- Rejected: Product has been rejected by Facebook.
- Reason for rejection: You can check why the product was rejected.
4. Edit selected items
You can add additional data such as Facebook product category, gender, and age group to your products, and edit them whenever.
You can also enter product information in bulk using the [Bulk entry] button.
More Questions? (FAQs)
By completing the additional data fields for Facebook product category, gender, and age group, Facebook Channel will automatically update this information on your Facebook Catalog.
What is Shops?
Expand your sales channels with Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping, and create a connected shopping experience for your customers.
How to set up?
1. You must connect your Facebook Channel before you can create a Shop.
2. Click the [Channel settings] menu.
Click [Channel settings] and follow the instructions on the screen. Select [Shop] and connect to the required assets.
3. If you are using a domain, you must go through an additional verification process at [Facebook Business Settings>Brand Safety>Domains].
Go to About Domain Verification in Business Manager
* Learn about the all new Shop features for Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping in [About Shops].
Facebook Channel Ads is a service that allows you to easily create ads for Facebook and Instagram and displays a summarized version of your ad performance.
What benefits can I expect from using Facebook Channel Ads?
1. Create ads quickly and easily
With Facebook Channel's Ads menu, you can now create ads by just entering a few key pieces of information for your campaigns. Create ads more quickly and easily in comparison to the traditional manual route on Facebook Ads Manager.
2. Check your ad performance
You can find a summary of your ad performance and check your ad results by date (period) or campaign type on Facebook Channel. This allows you to quickly check the performance of your ads without the hassle of manually selecting each metric and creating reports.
Metrics available through ad performance are as follows:
- By date (period): Impressions, Clicks, Purchases, Sales, Costs, CRT, CVR, CPC, ROAS, Cost per purchase
- By campaign: Impressions, Clicks, Conversions, Sales, Costs
How do I create ads using the Ads menu?
1. Click the [Log in with Facebook] button and complete the Channel linking process.
2. Click on [Channel settings] (or the [Get started] button while on the [Home] screen) and complete your Channel settings.
3. Complete your [Domain verification] settings in [Channel settings].
4. Recommended: You can view even more accurate pixel events by configuring your [Aggregated Event Measurement] settings in Facebook Events Manager.
Configure Web Events to Use Aggregated Event Measurement
5. Click on [Ads] (or the [Settings] button under [Ads] while on the [Home] screen) and click [Create ad].
6. Select a campaign objective in the pop-up window, and select your ad options and payment.
1. To use value optimization in campaigns with conversion, catalog, or app installation objectives, you account must meet the basic requirements for value optimization.
Click on the links below to check the requirements for value optimization and details on how to set it up.
More Questions? (FAQs)
1) Changing your Ad Account
Go to [Channel settings] and click on the settings icon next to [Ad Account]. Select the Ad Account you want to link to your Facebook Channel from the available list.
* If you do not have access to an Ad Account, you will not be able to select it.
2) Unlinking your Ad Account
Go to [Channel settings] and click on the settings icon next to [Ad Account]. Deselect your Ad Account when prompted and continue with the setup until they are complete.
* If you want to unlink Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping from your Facebook Channel as well, click [Remove Facebook Assets] on the top right of the your [Channel settings] screen.
If you do not have access to an Ad Account, you will not be able to link it to your Facebook Channel.
Click on the link below to find out how to request access from an Ad Account owner.
Add People to Your Ad Account
1) Adding a payment method
Go to [Ads] and under [Ad Account] click [Payment settings]. Click the [Add Payment Method] button.
2) Changing or removing a payment method
Go to [Ads] and under [Ad Account] click [Payment settings].
Under the [Payment methods] area, click the [...] button and select [Edit] or [Remove].
If you do not have admin access and cannot access the Facebook payment settings page,
click on the link below to find out how to request admin access for an Ad Account.
Add People to Your Ad Account
Click on the link below for a full explanation of all the terms used in Ads.
Terms used in Facebook Channel Ads
Figures on Facebook Channel and Facebook Ads Manager/Reporting may not match exactly for the following reasons:
1) Results shown on Facebook Channel may have a delay of one (1) or more day due to data processing and updates.
2) Metrics used in Facebook Channel and Facebook Ads Manager/Reporting may not be the same. e.g. "Clicks" on Facebook Channel and "Link clicks" on Facebook Ads Manager/Reporting.
3) Settings when creating ads and (count) filters may be different (bots or non-human activities, spam accounts, etc.)
4) Technical issues and restrictions that have occurred while processing data and updating figures on Facebook or Facebook Channel.
Facebook Channel uses the following terms for Facebook and Pixel (event) aggregated data.
Ads Terms in Facebook Channel
|Details (Aggregation measurement & methodologies)
|The number of times your ads were on screen.
|- Does not count impressions caused by invalid traffic such as those from bots.
- Videos are counted in the same way as images.
(However, video ads shown on the Audience Network are counted according to industry standards.)
|The number of times an ad was clicked.
|The following clicks are counted:
- Link clicks to landing pages (designated by the advertiser) on or off Facebook.
- Clicks on your business page profiles or profile pictures.
- Comments or shares.
- Clicks on media (e.g. photos) to view them in full screen.
- Clicks that meet campaign objectives (e.g. Page likes for Page Engagement campaigns).
|The total number of products that have been ordered through your ads.
|- Based on the number of purchases made through your store and Naver Pay (KakaoPay support coming soon)
- This number is not affected by order cancellations and refunds.
|The estimated amount spent on (ads for) a campaign over the specified time period.
|Total cost, regardless of whether ads have been billed or paid.
|The total revenue generated from orders placed through your ads.
|- Based on the sales generated through your store and Naver Pay (KakaoPay support coming soon)
- This number is not affected by order cancellations and refunds.
|Click-through rate: The percentage of times people clicked on your ads.
|(Clicks ÷ Impressions) × 100
|Click conversion rate: The percentage of conversions out of the total number of clicks.
|(Conversions ÷ Clicks) × 100
- The number of conversions is shown as [Purchases] on Facebook Channel.
|Return on ad spend: The total return on ad spend from generated sales.
|(Sales ÷ Costs) × 100
|Cost per click: The average cost for each link click.
|(Costs ÷ Clicks) × 100
|Cost Per Puschase: The average cost of each purchase.
|Costs ÷ Purchases
|The objective selected for the campaign.
|The (tentative) end date selected for the campaign.
If there is no end date selected for a campaign, it will show as [Active].